BASEBALL AND CREW.

Today regular practice of the crew and baseball squads will begin for the season. Baseball is in an especially fortunate condition this year, for eight of the nine regular men who defeated Yale last year are still eligible, and there is a good deal of valuable substitute material. Several of last year's Freshman team are also strong candidates for University honors. Coach Pieper's year of experience with the men will enable him to get the team into shape much earlier than usual, and he will be aided in his work by the absolute confidence of the University.

Although there are three places on the crew left open by graduation, the prospects are scarcely less bright. Coach Wray is commencing his fourth year in charge of University eights. He has turned out one victorious crew, and two that were defeated by Yale in gruelling finishes. We have confidence in his knowledge of the material, and confidence in the captain who will head the squad through the long period of competition and training.