Freshman Hockey Team Defeated Yale, 6 to 1

In the last game of the schedule, played in the Stadium Saturday afternoon, the Freshman hockey team defeated the Yale freshman team by the score of 6 to 1. There was little organized play on either side, but the Harvard team was far superior in individual work and strength of defense.

A few minutes after play began, Cutler scored on a pass from Hornblower. Later, a second goal was made by Cutier, but during the greater part of the first period the play was very even. In the second half the Freshman attack was more untied and they played a faster game. A goal was made by Leslie, quickly followed by another by Dick, both being the result of individual work. Then Foster carried the puck down the rink unaided and made a claver pass to Dick, who scored. The last goal for Harvard was made by Dick on a clean shot from the middle of the rink. In the last fifteen seconds of play Deming broke through the Freshman defense and scored the only goal for Yale.

Foster, at covenpoint, played an excellent game throughout. Dick and Cutler did the best work for the forwards. For Yale Luchars at coverpoint played well, as did Deming at right end.

The summary: HARVARD 1911.  Yale, 1911. Leslie, Hunt, Chase, l.e.  r.e. Deming Cutler, l.c.  r.c., Hincks Dick, r.c.  l.c., McIntyre Hornblower, Seamans, r.e.  l.e., Page Foster, c.p.  c.p., Luchans Paul, Johnson, p.  p., Lilley Beals, g.  g., French, Richardson

Score--Harvard 1911, 6; Yale, 1911, 1. Goals--Dick 3, Cutler 2, Leslie, Deming. Referee-Colts. Umpire--Reed. Timer--Patterson. Time--20-Minute halves.