NEW DENTAL BUILDING

To Be Erected in Brookline on Lot Adjacent to Medical School.

Final plans are now being drawn by the architects, Shepley, Rutan and Coolidge, for the new Dental School building, which is soon to be erected on the corner of Longwood avenue and Wigglesworth street, Brookline, on the site purchased three years ago by the Corporation. As at first planned, the building was to be three stories high and was to cost in the neighborhood of $250,000, with as much more needed for a permanent endowment fund. As only about $140,000 of the building fund has been raised, including the recent gift of $25,000 by Mr. and Mrs. Larz Anderson, of Brookline, and as the endowment fund amounts to only $25,000, it has been decided to erect a two-story building for practical service only, and to hold all the lectures in the Medical School buildings, which are situated on the lot immediately adjacent.

The new building will front on Long-wood avenue, and will be built of brick and limestone. On the first floor will be administrative rooms and the Dean's office, a library and students' room, a waiting room for patients, and a laboratory for prosthetic or mechanical dentistry. The second floor will contains rooms for anesthetic work, extracting, and oral surgery equipped with X-ray and photographi apparatus. This floor will also have two small waiting rooms, ward rooms, and a large infirmary. The basement will be taken up with locker and toilet rooms for the use of instructors and students.

Work on the new building will begin this spring, and it will probably be ready for occupation in the spring of 1909. The School, will then have far greater facilities for efficient work than in its present cramped quarters on North Grove street, Boston, especially for the charity work which is being steadily developed.