APPROVED BY OVERSEERS

Final Vote for Harvard President Unanimous for Prof. A. L. Lowell.

At the special meeting of the Board of Overseers held yesterday morning to take action upon the nomination by the Corporation of Professor Abbott Lawrence Lowell '77 as President of the University, his election was unanimously confirmed. The Corporation presented Professor Lowell's name as their choice for President Eliot's successor at the stated meeting of the Board of Overseers on Wednesday, January 13, but final action was prevented on that occasion by a by-law of the Board requiring that nominations by the Corporation of permanent professors and of members of the Corporation be laid on the table at the meeting at which they are presented, and that at least seven days intervene between the presentation of such nominations and final action upon them by the Board of Overseers.

Professor Lowell will not take active charge of the administration of the University until May 19, when President Eliot's resignation takes effect. His present expectation is to continue his courses in Government for the rest of the current academic year.