SPRING FOOTBALL PRACTICE

Will Begin on Soldiers Field Today and Will Continue Until April 17.

Spring practice for the University football team will begin on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. The work will continue for three weeks, until April 17. The men will be coached in the elements of the game, in kicking, and in experimental formations. Besides Coach P. D. Haughton '99, there will be a number of other coaches on the field. Candidates who have football clothes that are not already in the Locker Building are expected to bring them, but clothes will be provided for those who have none. Every one is expected to come early to avoid delay in securing lockers and football clothes.

The principal objects of this practice are: to save time in the fall by teaching the men certain fundamentals and rules now; to give the captain and coaches an opportunity to know the men; and to try certain experiments with formations. Therefore it is absolutely essential that all candidates for the team, who are not prevented by participation in other major sports, should report regularly just as if it were the fall season.