HOCKEY PRACTICE IN STADIUM

First and Second Teams Played 45-Minute Game After Long Drill.

The University hockey team held the first practice since the recess on the University rink in the Stadium yesterday afternoon. On account of the weather, the practice was held at 4.30 o'clock, and the eight are-lights, recently suspended above the rink, were used. Hornblower, who has been playing regularly at right wing, was absent on account of illness; it is doubtful if he will be able to play against Cornell on Saturday.

After a long preliminary practice, in which the first and second forwards were sent against their respective defences, the two teams played a 45-minute game. During the first half the second team forwards, with the University defence, succeeded in scoring three times to their opponents' none. In the second half, however, the defences were interchanged and the University forwards, with their own defence, scored six goals. Foster and Huntington, on the University team, prevented any shots on the part of the second team forwards.

The teams lined up in the second half as follows: UNIVERSITY TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Leslie, Duncan, l.e.  r.e., Pratt Hicks, l.c.  r.c., Kirkland Gardner, r.c.  l.c., Newton Wigglesworth, r.e.  l.e., Rice Foster, c.p.  c.p., Paul Huntington, p.  p., Browne Smart, Chadwick, g.  g., Wolfe

Scrub Entries Close at 1.

Owing to the fact that the University hockey management desires to have at least sixteen teams entered in the scrub hockey series, the book of entries at Leavitt & Peirce's will be left open until 1 o'clock today. It has been decided to start the series Friday afternoon on the rinks in the Stadium and every team must have a captain or manager by that time who will have complete charge of the team. A full announcement of the teams entered and the schedule of play will appear in tomorrow's CRIMSON.

Scrub Entries Close at 1.