Chess Play-Off in New Haven Today

The play-off of the tie which occurred between Harvard and Yale in the intercollegiate chess tournament during the Christmas recess will take place in New Haven today. The play will be held in Dwight Hall between 1 and 6 o'clock in the afternoon and between 8 and 10 o'clock in the evening.

Instead of playing the regular four-board tournament, only two men will Mitchell 3L. and F. P. Byerly '11 will play for Harvard, and T. R. Chandler '11 and G. Burgess '11 for Yale. Byerly will play Chandler, and Mitchell will play Burgess. Only one game will be played by each pair and in case of another tie, the play off will be extended to some later date. If either game remains unfinished by 10 o'clock it will adjudicated by H. Helms, who was the referee in the tournament in New York.

The intercollegiate cup give by E. A. Caswell, Yale '66 will be held by the winning team for one year, and medals will be awarded to all four members of the team which played in the original tournament for the winning university. The University team will leave for New Haven this morning at 8 o'clock.