Law School Advisers Appointed

The Law Faculty has appointed the following men as a committee of advisers for new men: C. R. Branch 3L., chairman; F. B. Biddle 3L., L. L. Delafield 3L., C. B. Garver 3L., E. C. Harris 3L., and G. W. C. McCarter 3L.

This committee has been formed, in accordance with a resolution of the Law Faculty passed last spring, to encourage among first-year men early and intelligent use of the law library and to render the work of the law clubs efficient.

"Their duty will be (1) to explain to all inquirers the arrangement of books in the reading rooms, the scope of digests and of the works of reference, the mode of finding authorities upon any question, and the arrangement of briefs for club courts; (2) to keep until the end of May two office hours each week, in the reading room of Langdell Hall; (3) to serve on the committee on law clubs and, if requested, to sit as justice 12 times for clubs of first-year students; (4) to spend 12 hours yearly in other work to be determined by the Law Faculty. For these services each adviser shall receive $250; except that if an advisership is held by a student who also holds a Sears Prize or an endowed scholarship, the compensation shall be $100. One adviser shall be designated as chairman of the Board of Advisers. He shall receive $50 additional compensation."