SENIOR DORMITORY APPLICATIONS.

As the circumstances and regulations governing the applications for rooms in the Senior dormitories are somewhat complicated, partly because of the varying size of the groups which may apply, and partly because of the newness of the system, we wish to call attention to three points which should be borne in mind when making application. In the first place, the committee, wishing to obviate all possibility of misunderstandings, is keeping daily office hours, and by consulting with its members every detail concerning the allotment may be clearly ascertained.

It is essential for Juniors making application to remember that they must have definitely decided to abide by the results of the allotment, for there can be no option as to accepting the assignments if their applications are successful. In this connection it should be clearly understood that, as the committee does not assign the rooms within a given group, men applying in groups must be prepared to allot the rooms among themselves, and furthermore, to stay together regardless of any difficulty which might arise over a slight preference in rooms or any other matter.

Although preference is given to large groups, it is evident from a study of the situation that excellent opportunities will be afforded for men applying in small numbers. For instance, in the west entry of Holworthy, where eight rooms are available, there will be one double room left for a single application after a group of fourteen has had its applications filled. There will be a considerable number of rooms to assign in this way, so that men applying for a single room or in small groups will have practically as good a chance of success as under the old system.