HOCKEY CAPTAIN ELECTED

R. Hornblower '11 Chosen Yesterday.--Prospects for Next Year.

At a meeting of the University hockey team, yesterday afternoon, Ralph Hornblower '11, of Arlington, was elected captain for the coming year. Hornblower prepared for College at Volkmann School, where he was captain of the school hockey team and also a member of the track team. Since coming to College he played on his championship Freshman team and on the University team the last two years, as right wing.

Material for Next Year.

Of the 15 players who have won their hockey "H" this year, the following will be lost by graduation: G. G. Browne '10, G. P. Gardner, Jr., '10, S. T. Hicks '10, W. F. Morgan '10. The following men will return: forwards--D. F. Cutler '11, R. F. Duncan '12, R. Hornblower '11, H. C. Leslie '11, R. B. Wigglesworth '12; defence--R. M. Blackall '12, O. W. Chadwick '11, N. H. Foster '11, F. D. Huntington '12, S. B. Smart '12. The most promising material from the Freshman team for next year is: forwards--F. H. Palmer and G. M. Rushmore; defence--H. B. Gardner and E. A. Graustein.

The team will be greatly handicapped by the loss of Hicks, Morgan and Gardner who, with Hornblower, have worked together for two years and who were undoubtedly the strength of the seven. The whole defence will return intact, however, and should develop into a defence like that of last year's. The three forward positions should be filled by this year's substitutes and R. C. Clifford '12, who was ineligible this year.