INDOOR MEET SUCCESSFUL

J. A. McLaughlin '11 Fencing Champion.--Interesting Wrestling Bouts.

The indoor athletic meet held last night before a large and appreciative audience was a great success. The wrestling and fencing contests were the most interesting events of the evening. Cups were awarded for light-weight and middle-weight wrestling and for the fencing championship.

In wrestling G. D. Osgood '12 won the light-weight match in one bout. The middle-weight contest, however, was only decided in favor of R. M. Page '10 after three rounds. As no one contested P. Withington's title of University heavy-weight champion, he gave an exhibition match with Mr. Anderson, the instructor in wrestling. This bout was unfinished on account of Withington's injury to his ankle.

In the finals of the round-robin fencing tournament the championship was well contested by G. L. Cutting '09, H. A. Erhard '10, and L. Barroll '09.

A skillful exhibition of sparring was given in the two contests. Page shower up well against Mr. Foley, an instructor in boxing. J. P. Long '11 and O. M. Chadwick '11 had three rounds of two minutes each, in which the honors were even.

The exhibitions on the horizontal bar and flying rings given by the University gymnastic team were particularly interesting. G. F. Evans 2Dv., former captain of the team, excelled on the horizontal bar.

The summary:

Fencing--Won by G. L. Cutting '09; second, L. Barroll '09; third, H. A. Erhard '10.

Light-weight wrestling--Won by G. D. Osgood '12.

Middle-weight wrestling--Won by R. M. Page '10.

Exhibition wrestling--A. R. Graves 1G. defeated D. G. Whitelaw 2L.

Exhibition wrestling--Draw between P. Withington '09 and Mr. Anderson.

Exhibition sparring bout--R. M. Page '10 and J. A. Foley.

Exhibition sparring bout--J. P. Long '11 and O. M. Chadwick '11.

Exhibition in Indian club swinging--H. V. Coryell '11.

Exhibition on horizontal bar--University gymnastic team: E. L. Souder '10, H. V. Coryell '11, F. W. Whitman '12, G. F. Evans 2Dv.

Exhibition on flying rings--University gymnastic team: E. L. Souder '10, S. Wolfman '11, H. R. Rafsky '10, J. C. Wister '09.