LACROSSE TEAM VS. CORNELL

In Last Intercollegiate Championship Game in Stadium at 4 o'clock.

The University lacrosse team will play its last game of the intercollegiate championship series against Cornell in the Stadium at 4 o'clock this afternoon. If Harvard wins this game, it will be first in the league; if the game is lost, the best which the University team can do will be to tie for first place. Cornell has the best team it has had for two or three years, more than half of the men having played on last year's team. Cornell's close attack is especially good; the defence, although strong also, is not equal to that of the Harvard team. The University team has been improving steadily and this improvement has been especially noticeable in the defence during the past week. Cornell defeated Hobart, 7 to 4, last Saturday; Harvard defeated Hobart, 8 to 1, on May 6. Judging by these scores, the game should be a close one, with the odds slightly in Harvard's favor.

The teams will line-up as follows: HARVARD.  CORNELL. Hale, p.  l.h., Christenson Leavitt, c.p.  o.h., Kiep E. Morgan, 1d.  1a., Walbridge Fitts, 2d.  2a., Sorrell, Matthai Nash, 3d.  3a., Fries Alexander, c.  c., Taylor Gustafson, 3a.  3d., Andrews Blackett, 2a.  2d., Devitt Smith, 1a.  1d., Darling J. P. Morgan, o.h.  c.p., Haist Shaw, i.h.  p., Chapman Brightman, g.  g., Carlton