TEAM PLAYS BROWN TODAY

At Providence at 3 o'clock.--Game with Andover at Andover Monday.

The University baseball team will meet Brown at Providence this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the first game of the annual series of two, and on Monday morning at 10 o'clock will meet Andover at Andover.

The batting order of the Harvard team has been very considerably changed for these games, and with the best men batting together at the top of the list there should be better results in getting runs. Hicks will pitch against Brown, and Lanigan and Brown will be the battery at Andover. The practice of the team this week against the second team has shown some improvement, and there is reason to believe that the team is getting out of its slump.

Brown seems to have only an average team this year. In its more important games it has been twice defeated by Princeton, 5 to 0 and 3 to 1, and tied Yale, 5 to 5 in 12 innings. On Wednesday, Brown was beaten by Pennsylvania, 7 to 6. The games which give a direct comparison with Harvard were with Holy Cross, in which Brown was beaten 6 to 2, and with Tufts, which was defeated 1 to 0. The batting orders for the Brown game: HARVARD.  BROWN. Rogers, c.f.  s.s., Nash McLaughlin, 1b.  3b., Regnier Hicks, p.  1b., Giles Potter, 2b.  l.f., Staff Babson, l.f.  r.f., Snell Minot, r.f.  2b., Mansur Marshall, s.s.  c.f., Taylor Young, c.  c., Hennessy Lanigan, 3b.  p., Clark, Conzelman

Andover was defeated by Yale, 9 to 4, and by Bates, 8 to 7, but has won from Villa Nova, 3 to 2, from Princeton freshmen, 4 to 1, and from New Hampshire State College, 6 to 0. The batting orders for the Andover game: HARVARD.  ANDOVER. Rogers, c.f.  s.s., Boles McLaughlin, 1b.  2b., Burdett Babson, l.f.  r.f., E. Middlebrook Potter, 2b.  1b., Dougherty Minot, r.f.  3b., Reilly Marshall, s.s.  c.f., Reynolds Carr, 3b.  2b., Beedy Brown, c.,  c., L. Middlebrook Lanigan, p.  p., Carl