FIRST HOLY CROSS GAME

To be Played on Soldiers Field at 4.-Hicks and Young the Battery.

The University baseball team will meet Holy Cross on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock in the first of the two games scheduled with this team; the return game will be played at Worcester on Saturday.

As in the Tufts game on Saturday, Harvard will be weakened by the absence of Potter from the regular line-up, as he is still suffering from a strain. He may be able to play tomorrow against Virginia, but will almost certainly be in shape by the end of the week. A rearrangement of the batting order has accordingly been made.

Last year only the first game of the series with Holy Cross could be played, Holy Cross winning by the score of 7 to 6. This year Holy Cross has had a season of varied success. On the southern trip in March she was beaten by Pennsylvania, 2 to 1, by Georgetown, 14 to 3, and won from Virginia, 7 to 2. Since then she has been beaten by Wesleyan, 11 to 10, by Seton Hall, 9 to 5, by Colby, 10 to 7, and has won from Dartmouth, 8 to 1, from Fordham, 4 to 2, from Tufts, 3 to 1, and from Cornell, 9 to 1.

The batting orders: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Carr, s.s.  s.s., Mahoney Lanigan, 3b.  c.f., Whalen McLaughlin, 1b.  1b., Flynn Aronson, c.f.  2b., Jones Kelly, l.f.  r.f., Burns Babson, r.f.  l.f., Scheid Marshall, 2b.  3b., Cawley Young, c.  c., Sweeney Hicks, p.  p., Foley