Brookline High Lost to College Nine

The College nine defeated the Brookline High School Saturday afternoon in the third game of the year by the score of 6 to 3. In the first inning two singles and an error by Howe gave Brookline two runs. An error by Desha in the third let in Brookline's final run. A slight rally by the College nine in the beginning of the fourth inning brought in its first run. The feature of the game, however, was the eighth inning rally which resulted in five runs. Up to this time the College nine had shown little ability to hit the ball and the fielding throughout the game was ragged.

The batting orders follow: COLLEGE NINE.  BROOKLINE HIGH. Rogers, c.f.  3b., Kelliher Foster, 3b.  c.f., McGuire Ferguson, Chase, r.f.  r.f., Morse Bolton, 2b.  c., Anderson Desha, s.s.  2b., McGrath Campbell, p.  1b., Walizer DeWindt, l.f.  l.f., Stewart Hann, Kennedy, 1b.  s.s., O'Neil Howe, c.  p., Denning

Innings,  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 College nine,  0  0  0  1  0  0  0  5  x--6 Brookline High,  2  0  1  0  0  0  0  0  0--3