MUSICAL CLUBS TO GO WEST

Permission to Take 52 Men on Trip Received from University Yesterday.

The University Musical Clubs yesterday received permission from the Faculty to take a western trip during the Christmas recess. The clubs will leave Cambridge on December 22 and return January 3, provided that the schedule of concerts now in view can be arranged. Invitations have been received from Harvard Clubs as far west as Omaha, but owing to lack of time the clubs will probably get only as for as St. Paul. During the trip concerts are planned for Springfield, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit or Milwaukee, St. Paul, Chicago, St. Louis, and Brooklyn. Two years ago a very successful dual concert was given in Cincinnati with the Yale clubs. It is hoped that arrangements can be made for a similar concert at Cincinnati this year. At each city the Musical Clubs will be the guests of the local Harvard Club, and the concerts will be given under their auspices. Fifty-two men will be chosen by competition from the three clubs and taken on the trip.