SOPHOMORE TEAM WON INTERCLASS TENNIS

JUNIORS LOST FIVE MATCHES OUT OF SIX IN SINGLES.

In the final round of the interclass tennis tournament, played on Jarvis Field yesterday afternoon, the Sophomores defeated the Juniors, winning five out of the six singles matches played, making it unnecessary to play off the remaining three doubles matches.

The match between E. H. Whitney '14 and Q. A. S. McKean '13 was the closest of the day. McKean won the first set with comparative ease at 6-4, and obtained a lead of 5-2, and 30-love in the next. Here, however, Whitney made a great rally, taking five games in succession and won the set 7-5. In the final set McKean was never dangerous, Whitney winning by the score of 6-3.

The results of the singles matches were as follows: O. Williams '14 defeated H. G. Smith '13, 6-3,4-6, 6-1; E. R. Hastings, Jr., '14 defeated R. Tunis '13, 6-1, 6-8, 6-3; H. S. McKee '13 defeated G. B. Kayser '14, by default; E. H. Whitney '14 defeated Q. A. S. McKean '13, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3; E. H. Woods '14 defeated A. H. Tomes '13, 6-4, 7-9, 6-1; J. C. Devereux '14 defeated A. J. Lowrey '13, 7-5, 7-5.