Student Council Committee Results

At a meeting of the Executive Committee of the Student Council held last evening in the Union several matters of importance were taken up. K.R. Macgowan '11, of the Student Council, was appointed chairman of a committee to take charge of the publication of the weekly calendar of meetings and to make up the date book which contains a list of all undergraduate meetings held in the University. The committee was appointed upon recommendation of the Executive Committee of the Council of Federated Clubs, which has hitherto had charge of the calendar and date book, on the ground that the Student Council' is better qualified to undertake this work. It is very important that students in the University should send notices of all meetings to the chairman of this committee in order that the date book and calendar may be made up completely and accurately. Otherwise the work will be of little value and constant conflicts in meetings will occur.

It was further decided that the Constitution of the Council should be amended by permitting the president of Phillips Brooks House to become a member ex officio. As a three weeks' notice to the members of the Council is necessary before this amendment can be finally passed upon, it will come before a future meeting of the Council as a whole.

The Executive Committee voted also to establish a Committee on General Complaints composed of the following men: P.D. Smith '11, chairman, R.B. Batchelder '13, R.C. Benchley '12, F.M. Eliot 1G., G.R. Harding '11, S.C. Simons '11, S.B. Steel '11. All complaints by members of the University relating to matters of undergraduate interest and of such nature as to fall within the jurisdiction of this committee should be addressed to P.D. Smith '11, Hollis 23.