Harvard Launches Third Sexual Misconduct Climate Survey

Divinity School Student Government Calls On Harvard to Divest from ‘Illegal Occupation of Palestine’

NEW PRINCETON PRESIDENT

JOHN GRIER HIBBEN, D.D., A.M., Ph.D., LL.D., ELECTED YESTERDAY.

John Grier Hibben, D.D., A.M., Ph.D., LL.D., was elected president of Princeton University at a meeting of the board of trustees held yesterday morning. He succeeds to the position left vacant in the fall of 1910 by the resignation of Governor Woodrow Wilson.

The new president has been a member of the Princeton faculty for nearly 21 years and has served as professor of logic since 1893. He graduated from Princeton in 1882 and entered the Theological Seminary, receiving his A.M. degree three years later. In 1887 he was ordained Presbyterian minister and accepted a pastorate at Chambersburg, Pa., only to be recalled to Princeton in 1891 as instructor of logic and psychology. Finally, two years later, he was appointed to a professorship and at the same time received the degree of Ph.D. from his Alma Mater. As an author, Professor Hibben has published a number of books on philosophy, including such works of recognized merit as "The Problems of Philosophy," "Deductive Logic," and "The Philosophy of the Enlightenment."

Since Mr. Wilson's resignation over a year ago, Dr. Hibben has been the candidate most favored by Princeton alumni for the presidency and is very popular with the undergraduates. When at college he was president and valedictorian of his class in his senior year, and since his graduation has taken great interest in all undergraduate activities.