TWO TOUCHDOWNS BY VARSITY

IN TWENTY-MINUTE SCRIMMAGE AGAINST SECONDS.--TWO MORE INJURIES.

The gloom which seemed to be settling on the football squad Tuesday afternoon was raised somewhat yesterday when the University team defeated the seconds by two touchdowns in twenty minutes. But the scrimmage was a costly one, for Trumbull was again slightly injured and Parmenter was sent off the field with a turned ankle.

The first touchdown came immediately after the ball had been put in play. The regulars took it in mid-field and by plunges by Hardwick and Brickley carried it over for a score, the latter scoring the touchdown. In the advance, the forwards showed up very well in opening holes for the runners. The second score was not made so easily, for the seconds braced and forced the University to do its utmost to make the distance on short gains. Finally, however, Brickley managed to squirm through to the goal-line. The second team was not given the ball at all, so that no idea could be obtained of what will be the first team's strength on the defence.

Capt. Wendell Will Start Dartmouth Game.

Captain Wendell did not take any part in the signal drills or scrimmage, Bradlee going in in his place in the former and Lingard in the latter. He will probably start the Dartmouth game but the time he will spend in it will not be long, unless his injury mends very rapidly between now and then. O'Brien was out of the scrimmage also, being replaced by Dana.

Injuries Make Outlook Doubtful.

There was considerable snap in the work yesterday afternoon, so that it is now felt that the only source of doubt as to the strength of the team comes from the fact that a good many men are on the injured list. The Dartmouth game will be the first chance to find out exactly what men may be depended on for the last game of the season.

The line-up of the University team was as follows: Felton, l.e.; Storer, l.t.; Pennock, l.g.; Parmenter, Wigglesworth, c.; Trumbull, Driscoll, r.g.; Hitchcock, r.t.; Dana, r.e.; Gardner, q.b.; H. Hardwick, l.h.b.; Brickley, r.h.b.; Lingard, f.b.