SOCCER SEASON ENDS TODAY

University Team Plays Methuen Cricket Club, Freshmen Play Worcester.--Review of Season.

The University association football team will play the last game of its fall schedule with the team of the Methuen Cricket Club at Methuen this afternoon. The team will leave the North Station on the 12.25 train.

A review of the soccer team's fall season discloses the fact that of eight games played, five have been lost. Although this is anything but a brilliant record, it is in no way discouraging in comparison with other years or indicative that the intercollegiate season in the spring will be a failure. The new men who have been added to the squad from time to time have made it almost impossible to develop team-work, and only recently has the team displayed anything like finished form. In the last two games there has been some good work, the weak point being shooting, which can easily be improved in the spring.

Excellent Practice Season.

The veteran teams played have afforded the team excellent practice and have served to bring out the possibilities of the material. The backfield is good, Captain Barron and Rushmore, Francke and Weston, being men of ability and experience. In the forward line, Needham is a fast man at right wing and T. Hardwick, S. Hopkins, and D. Steele are all fairly sure of positions. A number of men from last year's Freshman team have also been playing well up to the University standard. Nichols at goal has played consistently all fall and will probably defend the goal next spring.

Captain Barron will call the men out for spring practice as early as the weather permits and with acquisitions from the football squad, an excellent team should be developed.

The line-up for today's game: g., Nichols; r.b., Barron; l.b., Rushmore; r.h.b., McCall, Hudner; c.h.b., Francke; l.h.b., Weston; r.o.f., Needham; r.i.f., S. Hopkins; c.f., Porter, Steele; l.i.f., Carnochan; l.o.f., West.

Freshmen Also Play Last Game.

The Freshman team will also play the last game of its schedule today with Worcester Academy at Worcester. A hard game is expected.

The line-up: g., McLaughlin; r.b., De Camp; l.b., Bigelow; r.h.b., Dean; c.h.b., Metcalf; l.h.b., Whistler; r.o.f., Busk; r.i.f., Hughes; c.f., Wood; l.i.f., Talbot; l.o.f., McKinley.