IRON RULE BROKEN.

A custom has gone to smash this morning: it is hereby annihilated. In announcing the CRIMSON scoreboard in the Living Room of the Union Saturday afternoon, not a word is printed to indicate that none but members of the Union will be admitted. There will probably be a hundred non-members apply for admission and plead that nothing has been said to warn them. Then, let this be a warning to them. Hereafter, only members of the Union will be admitted to its rooms, except when special notice to the contrary has been given. This is as it should be. The Union has long enough been the puppet of organizations and men who are not members of it and who have no more interest in it than to have a convenient meeting place provided at no expense or care to themselves. The Governing Board of the Union has not closed the building to non-members with any spirit of antagonism, but with the perfectly justifiable thought that the Union, like the Harvard Club of Boston, or any private clubhouse, large or small, belongs to its members, except on invitation. The incongruity has been in there ever having been need to announce that a meeting would "be open only to members of the Union." And so there can be no complaint by men who cannot bluff their way into the presence of the scoreboard.