EVENTS OF WEEK AT PRINCETON

Record Enrollment of 1599.--Commencement Officers Elected

Princeton, N. J., December 14, 1913.--The University Catalogue for the year 1913-14, recently completed, shows a registration of 1599 in all departments of the university, an increase of 31 over last year and the largest enrollment in Princeton's history. The enrollment by departments is as follows: Graduate College, 176; School of Electrical Engineering, 13; senior class, 264; Junior class, 309; sophomore class, 354; freshman class, 428; qualifying and specials, 56; total, 1599.

The senior class held elections during the past week for the various commencement officers and committees with the following results: Master of Ceremonies. J. M. Colt; Class Orator, G. B. Stockton: Class Historian, G. E. Harris; Class Poet, J. E. Jenkins: Class Prophet, D. Boaner; Presentation Orator, J. B. Pitney; Washington's Birthday Orator, A. C. M. Azoy: Class Debater, F. Taleish. The members of the Class Ode Committee Class Day Committee. Nassau Herald Committee, and Class Memorial Committee were also chosen.

In athletics, the soccer season was closed on Saturday when Princeton defeated the Haverford team by the score of 4 to 1. Hockey practice is coming along steadily, the squad practicing at the St. Nicholas Rink in New York. There is plenty of excellent material and the outlook is bright for the approaching season. The basketball team played its second game on Wednesday, defeating Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute by the decisive score of 42 to 12. The league schedule has been announced, Princeton playing nine league games during the winter in addition to six games with outside teams.

Princeton students at Harvard will be sorry to learn of the sudden death of John Amberg, commonly known as "Jack the Cop," a well-known campus figure as well as an efficient member of the police force.

Wilder G. Lenfield '13 has been selected as Rhodes scholar from New Jersey. While at Princeton, Lenfield was one of the most prominent men in his class.

The Triangle Club will give its first performance of "The Pursuit of Priscilla" on the evening of December 18 before the faculty of the university. The Christmas trip starts on December 20, the first out of town performance being given in New York at the Hotel Astor