PRINCESS THEATRE PRIZE PLAY.

Detailed Regulations Governing Manuscripts of Competitors.

The detailed regulations governing the competition for the best one-act play submitted to the Princess Theatre, New York, before February 1, 1914, have just been announced. The author of the play accepted will be awarded a prize of $500, and the play will be produced at the Princess Theatre on. West 39th street. All undergraduates of the following eleven universities are eligible for the competition: Annapolis, Barnard, Bryn Mawr, Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Yale, Vassar, and West Point.

No limitations as to the type of play are imposed, but in making the choice those which, in the opinion of the committee, promise to conform to the policy of the Princess Theatre, which is to present only plays that are unique, unusual in theme and treatment, and not such as are in demand at the regular theatres will be given first consideration.

Authors are urged to send in manuscripts as early as possible. The earlier they are received the better the opportunity for careful consideration. The award will be made by a committee of five judges: Messrs. Lee Shubert, W. M. Brady, Holbrook Blinn, Morris Gest, and F. R. Comstock.

The following regulations must be observed:

1. Plays must be original; no translations or adaptations will be considered. Dramatizations of novels, short stories, etc., may be entered provided full rights to make such dramatizations have been secured.

2. Each play submitted must be signed with pseudonym only, and accompanied by a sealed envelope bearing outside the title of the play and the author's real name and address. These envelopes will not be opened until the judges have made their decision.

3. Manuscripts must be clear, typewritten copies, and sent by mail or prepaid express to the Princess Theatre Play Contest, West 39th street, New York City. The award will be made and the manuscripts returned as soon after February 1 as possible, but the Princess Theatre cannot be held responsible for possible loss or damage to any manuscript; authors should keep copies of the plays they submit.

4. No play can be considered which has previously been submitted to the Princess Theatre management.