DEBATERS GATHER SATURDAY

Representatives from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton to Convene Concerning Triangular Contest.

A conference of the representatives of the Harvard, Yale, and Princeton Debating Councils will be held in New Haven next Saturday for the purpose of choosing the subject and arranging the dates of the University and Freshman triangular debates. The University will be represented by Judge A. P. Stone '93 and R. L. West '14.

Trials for the two University teams--one against Yale and one against Princeton--will be held immediately after the mid-year examinations, and the debate will take place in April. The subject will be announced immediately after the conference on Saturday.

To Publish History of Debating.

The University Debating Council has prepared for publication a history on debating at the University which will be offered for sale this month. The book contains the subjects of all debates against Yale and Princeton since 1892, the members of the teams, the presiding officers, the judges, and the decisions. The statistics show that the University has won 18 out of 23 debates with Yale, and 11 out of 19 with Princeton. The history also contains the record of the subjects and winners of the Pasteur medal debates, of the Coolidge debating prize, and the holders of the Wendell Phillips Memorial Scholarship for Debaters.