OPERA SUBSCRIPTIONS OPEN

APPLICATIONS DUE FOR WAGNERIAN PRODUCTION IN STADIUM.

Subscriptions for the performance of Wagner's "Seigfried" under the auspices of the University to be given in the Stadium on June 3 will be received now and until April 1, and all applications will be filed in the order of receipt. The price of seats to subscribers will be $2.50, $2, and $1.50; boxes seating six will be $40, $35, and $30. After April 1 the unsold seats will be offered to the general public at $3, $2.50, and $2. There will also be $1 seats which will not be offered for sale until the day of the performance. Orders should be sent and checks made payable to M. Steinert and Sons Company, Steinert Hall, Boston. In order to prevent speculation, not more than ten tickets will be sold to any one person. However, musical organizations may purchase as many tickets as are required for their members. Members of the University will be able to obtain tickets among the 5,000 seats reserved for the University at 50 cents each.

The boxes will be erected in the interior of the Stadium in front of the immense stage which will be erected will inside the north end of the Stadium. The orchestra pit will be sunk sufficiently so that box holders will have a view of the entire stage. To perfect the acoustics a large shell or soundboard will be constructed.

Many Stars in Cast.

The cast is to include Mmes. Gadski, Schumann-Heink, Alma Gluck, and Messrs. Berger, Whitehill, Reiss, Goritz, and Ruysdael, all from the Metropolitan Opera Company, of New York. Mr. Alfred Hertz, the eminent Wagnerian conductor, will direct the Metropolitan Opera House Orchestra, augmented to 120 players. All of the singers have made memorable appearances in their roles both in the Wagner Festival at Bayreuth and in the Metropolitan Opera House.

"Seigfried" is the third opera in the cycle "The Ring of the Nibelungen," and was performed a few years ago at Leipzig with much success, but such a not able assemblage of singers as the cast for the production next June contains, has never before been gathered together for such a performance.