YALE'S REJUVENATED ELEVEN BEAT TIGERS AT OWN GAME

Guernsey's 54-Yard Drop-Kick and His Punting Were Features of 13 to 7 Victory.

In a game replete with thrills and sudden surprises, Yale again proved its ability to perform the impossible and vanquished the Tigers at their own game by the decisive score of 13 to 7. The Eli team showed the effects of its recent reformation and seemed imbued with a spirit of determined fight that would not be denied, and the first few times the Yale backs tore through the Tiger line were moments of great surprise to the Princeton rooters. But the biggest surprise of all came in Guernsey's out-punting of Driggs. Before the game Yale could boast of no kicker of more than ordinary ability, while in Driggs Princeton had a punter of exceptional calibre. However, Guernsey consistently out-kicked Driggs and got such height in his kicks that always the line was down on Tibbott, who never had a chance to run back the kicks more than a few yards.

Tibbott's helplessness was increased by the fact that Princeton, evidently underestimating her opponents' kicking ability, had only one man back to receive the punts. This paved the way for Yale's touchdown. Tibbott fumbled Guernsey's twisting spiral and as there was no one near to help him, it was comparatively easy for Way to scoop up the ball and dash the remaining 25 yards to the goal line. Besides out-kicking his opponent, Guernsey contributed directly to the score by two drop-kicks. The first, from his own 46-yard line, was the most spectacular kick of the season. The second was easier but it had to travel 35 yards to go over the bar. Princeton's score was the result of a twenty-yard run by Tibbott and two successful forward passes netting almost twenty yards more. This brought the ball inside Yale's five-yard mark and it took the Tigers seven plays to score.

Little need be said of Yale's attack, for it was not much in evidence, 36 rushes gaining only 112 yards, 62 of which were made between the middle of the field and the Yale goal line.

Summing it all up, Yale showed the "pep" and alertness to make the most of her opponents' misplays and this coupled with Guernsey's kicking won the game.