TIME FOR AN AWAKENING.

"To assist in bringing desirable students to Harvard,"--this, according to the Register, is one of the main purposes of the Federation of Territorial Clubs. And the Register also shows that the Federation still has officers.

Two years ago the Territorial Clubs did some good work in publishing their booklet, "Harvard of Today," and then promptly expired. The booklet is now somewhat out of date. Cannot the preparatory school clubs be brought into co-operation and a new one be issued? The Harvard Clubs throughout the country, who are working for the same end, would probably aid in defraying the expenses and certainly in distributing the publication.

There are many men in the University who would be glad to aid in this work, but such a movement does not arise spontaneously from "the peepul." Leadership is required, and the Federation is the logical body to lead. It has had a long sleep, and should have its strength sufficiently recuperated. The time is ripe for a revival, for a renewal of the work to nationalize Harvard College.