SUCCESSFUL LACROSSE SEASON

Team Showed Steady Improvement Under Coach Warwick.

The entire lacrosse season under the supervision of Coach Arthur Warwick was marked by steady improvement and unusual success. Besides winning the Northern Division Championship, the University succeeded in decisively defeating the strong Boston Lacrosse Club team, which is composed of picked players from Harvard teams for the last 10 years, among them 6 ex-captains. In the early season the Crescent A. C. was held to a 4 to 2 score; the crescent team is undoubtedly the best team in the country. In the same week the Mt. Washington Lacrosse Club was obliged to take the short end of a 3 to 2 score. This speaks well for the University team when one considers that the Mt. Washington team is composed of players of 10 or 15 years' experience. In the league games Cornell was the only team to press the University to the limit, Hobart and Stevens falling prey to 8-2 and 13-1 scores, and Cornell 4-2. The Yale game ended the season with a second successive Harvard victory in the Yale Bowl.

For the whole season, only a total of 33 points in 10 games was scored against the University, while the University team rolled up a total of 52 points against its opponents.

It is difficult to pick out any individual stars on this year's team, as the success of a lacrosse team depends decidedly upon team-work. E. E. O'Neil '16 and G. F. Beal '16 were the most consistent and clever players on the defense while W. Lucas '15, O. H. Persons '17, and J. R. Fleming '15 were always active on the attack. Of the 12 regular men on this year's team 6 remain to form the foundation of the 1916 team. A good solid defense ought to be built up around Captain-elect E. E. O'Neil '16, G. F. Beal '16, and E. B. Flu '17, while S. E. Nash '16, E. M. Wanamaker '16, and O. H. Persons '17 will make a fine trio on the attack. Together with the substitute and second team material, with the Freshmen coming up, the prospects for 1916 are very good and the coming season will, it is hoped, bring with it another championship for Harvard.