ELIMINATION CONTEST STARTS

THIRD YEAR LAW CLUBS COMPETE FOR AMES PRIZES WHICH TOTAL $300.

The elimination competition between third-year law clubs for the Ames prize will commence this evening when the first set of facts will be given out. Seven clubs survived the second-year competition last winter and of these six will start this year's tournament, the seventh drawing a bye into the next round. The seven clubs are George Gray, Kent, Lowell, Thayer, Warren, Williston and Witenagomot. The names of the speakers will not be announced until after the cases have been assigned.

The second-year competition has 13 entrants. By a new arrangement this year each club will compete in four rounds, after which the eight having the highest general average will be retained for an elimination round from which 4 clubs will be picked to compete the following year. This elimination will obviate the necessity of retaining seven clubs as was done this year because of ties in the general average. In this competition the full second-year membership of each club, usually eight, will argue, while in the third-year rounds two men from each club will speak.

The Ames prize consists of two cash prizes of $200 and $100, awarded respectively to the winning club and the runner-up.