HAUGHTON TAKES FULL CHARGE

ELEVEN CAME THROUGH CAROLINA GAME WITHOUT SERIOUS INJURIES.

Yesterday afternoon marked the beginning of the final stage in the development of the University football team, for Coach P. D. Haughton '99, who has heretofore been able to appear on the field only occasionally, assumed full charge of the squad, and will hereafter personally direct the work of the men. Although the practice yesterday was confined to the usual light Monday workout, consisting merely of signal drill and personal instruction, the appearance of Coach Haughton on the field, and the knowledge that he was to be on hand regularly hereafter seemed to give the men new spirit and confidence, so that the signal practice was run through with more speed and precision than has so far been seen.

Despite the hard game Saturday, the men were all in good condition. H. L. Sweetser '17 and G. C. Caner '17, both of whom have been given a rest during the last week, were dressed for practice yesterday afternoon, and were run through signals with the other members of the squad. Thacher, Flower, Taylor, Lovell and Snow were all given a day off, but are expected to be back in the line-up before the end of the week.

1920 Training Table Starts.

A training table has been started in Smith Halls for the Freshman squad and better results may now be expected. T. S. Woods, Jr., '20, who was unable to play against Andover last Saturday, will soon be in the game again, and R. A. Lancaster '20, who was injured in the game, will be out in a few days. The only change in the line-up was that B. Blanchard '20 replaced R. H. Post, Jr., '20 in the backfield, the line and the other backs remaining the same as last week. The practice was light but fast and the coaches tried particularly to improve the defense, especially against forward passes, for it was due to Andover's good passing that the Freshman lost Saturday's game.