VIRGINIA ONLY TEAM LOSING

All Future Opponents on University's Schedule Came Out Victorious in Recent Games.

Yale 19, Virginia 0.

Princeton 33, Lafayette 0.

Cornell 19, Bucknell 0.

Brown 20, Williams 0.

Georgia 13, Virginia 7.

The University's future opponents all won their football games last week by large scores, except the University of Virginia, which was defeated by Georgia 13 to 7. None of them equalled the University's total of points against M. A. C., but they were opposed to stronger teams than the Amherst eleven.

Cornell was able to overcome Bucknell 19 to 0 in a hard, stiff game. Of the total score, 16 points were made in the third period when Cornell rushed Bucknell off its feet, scoring two touchdowns, and a safety, but in the other periods Bucknell held and Cornell was limited to three points from a 45-yard drop kick by Shiverick. The Ithacans' powerful offense, though frequently stopped by their opponents' secondary defense, was able to get through the line consistently, but the Bucknell backs could scarcely penetrate the Cornell line, making only two first downs.

The University of Virginia, fresh from a 21-to-0 victory over Richmond College, was, barely beaten by Georgia in a hot, closely-contested game. This defeat, the first Georgia has been able to inflict in four years, was somewhat lessened by the appearance of Thurman, Virginia's veteran punter, who reported for practice at the beginning of the week, and who got into the game for a few minutes in the second half. His addition to the squad should be a decided strengthening of its defense, for he got off his usual long punts Saturday.

Tigers' Offense Improved

Princeton encountered little opposition from Lafayette and would have increased its 33 to 0 score if it had not been for frequent fumbling. Though uninteresting and loosely played, the game showed a decided improvement in Princeton's offense and brought out the possibilities of a powerful backfield, consisting of Eddy, Brown, Driggs and Tibbotts. The latter player assisted materially in the scoring, with two goals from the field to his credit, one of them being from the 43-yard line, at an angle and against the wind. Princeton played a conservative game of straight football throughout and was helped materially by Driggs' long punts.

Although it held Brown scoreless in the first half of Saturday's game, Williams was unable to prevent three touchdowns in the second half. The victory was no easy one for Brown, however, for Williams put up a stiff fight and in fact had the ball on Brown's two-yard line at the end of the game. The game was marked by few penalties and fumbles in contrast to the games played by the University's other opponents.

No definite conclusions can be drawn from the results of the Yale-Polytechnic game on Friday, for practically a substitute line was used by Coach Jones, and the regular backs were in for only part of the time. Three times the Yale eleven was held for downs and the offense appeared ragged throughout the game. LeGore's usual phenomenal playing was marred by weak kicking. He had a drop-kick and a punt blocked. Bingham at left half showed up very well except for several fumbles. A feature of the game was the substitute's showing.