OFFICERS' CAMP WORK DEFINED

Reserve Corps Members Will Spend Two Periods of Four Weeks.

The following letter has been received by Captain Cordier from the War Department at Washington, explaining exactly how much work will be required of the members of Military Science and Tactics 1 in order to qualify for the rank of second lieutenant in the reserve officers' training corps.

"With reference to the courses in camp training referred to in Section 50, Act of June 3, 1916, (Bulletin 16, W. D., 1916) for the Reserve Officers' Training Corps, the Secretary of War has directed:

"That the 'courses in camp training' referred to in Section 50, Act of June 3, 1916, shall consist of two camps of four weeks each. When any member of the Reserve Officers' Training Corps has attended one or more such camps during the first two years of his service in the senior division he may be given credit therefore, otherwise he will be required to attend one four-weeks' camp at the end of his junior (third) year and one four-weeks' camp subsequent to graduation.

"For those who are admitted to membership in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps during their senior or fourth year at the institution, the course in camp training shall consist of one four-weeks' camp subsequent to graduation: this, however, may be omitted in the case of any member who applies for and receives a commission in the Reserve Officers' Corps and an appointment as a temporary second leutenant under provisions of Section 52, Act of June 3, 1916, thus permitting the six months appointment to begin immediately after graduation.

"For those who are admitted to membership in the Reserve Officers' Training Corps during their junior or third year at the institution, the course in camp training shall consist of two four-weeks camps, one at the end of the junior year, and one subsequent to graduation; the latter camp may be omitted in the case of any member who applies for and receives a commission in the Officers' Reserve Corps, and an appointment as temporary second lieutenant under provisions of Section 52, Act of June 3, 1916, thus permitting the six months' appointment to begin immediately after graduation.  W. T. JOHNSTON,  Adjutant General.