REGISTER TO APPEAR DEC. 1

PARTS OF "HARVARD OF TODAY" TO BE INCLUDED IN VOLUME.

Because the editorial board is aiming at accuracy in every detail rather than speed in publication, the University Register will not appear this year until December 1, somewhat later than last year. The 1915-16 Register contained many mistakes due to the editors' desire to get the volume in circulation as soon as possible. This year's board, however, has decided that it is more important to publish a book accurate and of lasting value.

Among the improvements will be more and better cuts, better binding and paper, and more attractive printing. The system of placing the numbers of the pages on which a man's name appears after his name in the general directory will be continued this year as being the most efficient manner of indexing a man's activities.

It is likely that some material from "Harvard of Today," a small volume of essays on college life published in 1913 by J. B. Langstaff '13 will be used in improving the Register.

On account of the present rise in the price of paper, the price of the Register has had to be raised from $1 to $1.25, but this slight raise will be offset by the increased value and usefulness of the volume.

The editorial board consists of the following: president, R. Baldwin '17; vice-president, D. M. Little, Jr., '18; business manager, B. S. Collins '17; managing editor, W. B. Southworth '18; advertising manager, H. H. Silliman '18; circulating manager, W. E. Whitney '17. The following are associate editors: G. W. Benedict, Jr., '17, W. T. Jenney '17, G. Jones '17, R. D. Hunneman '17, W. C. Morgan '17, E. V. French '18, R. H. Garrison '18, S. B. Kaiser '18, A. E. MacDougall '18, W. Richmond, Jr., '18, T. B. Scott, Jr '18, J. S. Taylor '18.