AERO SOCIETY HAS LARGE PLANS

Serious Study and Competitions Will be Planned on by Club.

At the last meeting of the Aero Society the general plan of the work for the coming year was outlined and definite steps were taken in the assignment of topics and announcements of competitions. The first competition held by the Society is to be closed on November 1, when the designs for strut fittings for a military tractor biplane are due. At the next meeting of the Society four members will speak on the different types of controls for biplanes. Three of the speakers are licensed pilots and are to speak of their own experiences with the corpse of controls which they will explain. The Aero Society wishes to call to the attention of all those in the University who are interested in aeronautics the medals offered by the Aero Club of America for the best essays on aeronautical subjects, and it will give any information it can to those who desire to enter the contest. The three subjects for the essays in the contest, which is open to more than 200,000 students throughout the United States, have been designated as, "Military Aeronautics," "Mechanics of the Aeroplane and Possible Development in Aeronautics" and "Possible Application of the Aeroplane for Utilitarian Purposes."