CORNELL FAVORED TO WIN LONG DISTANCE CONTEST

RACE ON NEW COURSE

The ninth annual cross-country run of the Intercollegiate Association of Amateur Athletes of America will take place over the new West Rock course at New Haven at 11 o'clock. Fourteen colleges have sent in entries and a long string of starts will make a strong fight for individual honors. Cornell is picked to win the team championship, and second place will be fought out between Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Williams and Maine. The latter's chances are slight, however, as they were defeated in the New England Intercollegiates by Williams.

Overton of Yale, will win first place unless Wenz, who finished first for Cornell in the dual meet with the University, succeeds in crossing ahead of him. Cornell has three good men, Dresser, McDermott and Captain Windnagle, in addition to Wenz, who should cross the finish among the first ten.

G. A. King '18 will run well up among the leaders, but the other University men will probably be unable to finish well enough up to give the University much chance of winning.

Yale will be represented among the leaders by Levine, Walters and Captain Overton, winner of the cross-country intercollegiates a year ago. Yale has a well balanced team that was just defeated by the University 26 to 29. The fact that they will know the course better today will give them a distinct advantage.

In addition to Overton and Wenz for first place, Brown of Williams, winner of the New England Intercollegiates, Thompson of Dartmouth, Preti of Maine, who ran second last year, and Captain Shotwell are all good runners.

The University will be represented by R. W. Babcock '17, Captain A. R. Bancroft '17, H. R. Bechtel '17, H. S. Boyd '17, R. S. Cook '17, J. D. Hutchinson '19, G. A. King '18 and W. P. Whitehouse, 2d, '17.