BASEBALL PRACTICE UNDER WAY

Battery Men Report to Coach Mitchell This Afternoon at 2.

Baseball practice starts today when the battery men for the University team report to Coach Mitchell in the Baseball Cage at 2 o'clock. Coach Mitchell has issued a general call for candidates this spring because he wishes to look over all the available material himself, consequently anyone is eligible to report for the team, whether he took part in the fall practice or not. E. W. Mahan '16 and W. Whitney '16 who won Yale games last year, W. J. Boles '18, W. C. Hitchcock '18, and W. G. Garritt '17 are all available this year for the pitching staff R. Harte '17 will probably be the mainstay of the catchers, assisted by J. B. Waterman '16, T. H. Safford '16, and F. H. Stephens '18. Fielders will be called out about a week later.

More Managers Needed.

Owing to the discouragingly small response of 1918 men to the call for manager candidates, an opportunity for additional men to enter the competition will be given. These men should report at the Locker Building at 2 o'clock today.

Freshman manager candidates should report in the H. A. A. office this afternoon at 5 o'clock, at which time the competition will be outlined.