SPRINGFIELD COLLEGE LOST TO UNIVERSITY WRESTLERS

Harvard Mat Men Defeated Opponents 19 to 12 in Seven-Bout Match on Saturday.

The University wrestling team defeated Springfield College at the Springfield Y. M. C. A. Saturday night by the score of 19 to 12. The University gained 15 points on three falls and the other on a decision. Springfield's score was made on three decisions.

The best match was that between F. L. Davidson '17 and Breischneider. The bout lasted for nine minutes to a draw and the two contestants were called back for three additional minutes. During the final period its was apparent that Breischneider had the advantage, and the referee's decision was in his favor.

Capt. A. J. Weatherhead ocC., wrestling in the 175-pound class, registered a fall over Boeve in 1 minute and 5 seconds.

The following is the account by bouts: 115-pound class, F. H. Dewart '17, a fall over Markeley in 8 minutes and 30 seconds; 125-pound class, Bretschneider beat F. L. Davidson '17 on a decision in 12 minutes (extra period); 135-pound class, Fowler beat H. B. Miller '18 on a decision in 9 minutes; 145-pound class, H. B. Hull '16 beat Hirst on a decision in 9 minutes; 158-pound class, Graham beat R. C. Cooke '18 on a decision in 9 minutes; 175-pound class, Capt. A. J. Weatherhead ocC. beat Boeve by a fall in 1 minute and 5 seconds heavyweight class, W. B. Snow '18 beat Bartlett by a fall in 6 minutes and 45 seconds.

Score--Harvard 19, Springfield 12. Referee--Dr. Phillips.