FIRST CREW WON TWO RACES

C DEFEATED B FOR SECOND PLACE. M. TAYLOR '18 BACK IN CREW A.

Two short races were held between the three University crews on the Charles River Basin yesterday afternoon, the first from the Cottage Farm Bridge to the Harvard Bridge and the second from the Harvard Bridge to the Union Boat Club. University A won both of these contests, coming up from behind in the final stretch of the first, and winning the second by a comfortable length and a half.

The surprise of the afternoon, however, was the work of University C. In both races the boat showed a decided superiority over University B, which fought hard but was unable to come in ahead either time.

M. Taylor '18 was able to return to practice yesterday and he took his regular place at 4 on University A. H. S. Middendorf '16 went back to 6 on University B and A. W. Pope '18 rowed 4 on the third boat, these being the only changes in the University crews.

Today the last practice will be held in Cambridge before the Princeton race on April 20, as the crews leave for Princeton tomorrow. Another race will be held today over the regular course, and all three crews will be pushed to their utmost.

The present order of the first crew is as follows:

University A.--Stroke, C. C. Lund '16; 7, J. Talcott, Jr., '16; 5, D. P. Morgan '16; 4, M. Taylor '18; 3, H. B. Cabot, Jr., '17; 2, K. G. B. Parson '16; bow, A. Potter, Jr., '17; cox., H. L. F. Kreger '16.