OVERWHELMING VICTORY ASSURED

Crimson Nine to Vanquish Aspirants on Soldiers Field at 3.30.

The Crimson nine will start its victorious 1916 season with a game against the candidates on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. As usual, the opening contest will amount to nothing more than an opportunity for the editors to get into condition. The candidates have been worked unusually hard lately, so that what little ability they may once have had has vanished under the strain.

The line-ups which follow speak for themselves. Nobody who has seen the CRIMSON team in action can doubt the outcome. The delightful delivery of Steamship Hall will hardly be missed, for Richmond, of the Rhode Island league, is perfection in pitching, while Bishop, the other member of the reversible battery, is no less adroit. Of the candidates, we say nothing, for we believe in kindness.

The line-up at the start of the contest will be: CRIMSON.  CANDIDATES. Fry, l.f.  1b., Cook Richmond, p.  3b., Jackson Stiles, s.s.  p., Fleming Bishop, c.  l.f., Garrison Thomas, 3b.  2b., Rhinelander Ingram, r.f.  c.f., Paine Guild, 1b.  s.s., Bridgman O'Neill, l.f.  r.f., Parker Cover, c.f.  c., Francis