TENNIS TEAM MEETS AMHERST

IN CASE OF RAIN MATCHES WILL BE PLAYED AT LONGWOOD COURTS.

The University tennis team will meet Amherst in the first of the series of Intercollegiate matches on Jarvis Field, or, in case of rain, on the Longwood Covered Courts, at Chestnut Hill, this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. Six singles and three doubles matches will be played. In the singles, the University team will play in the following order: 1. Captain R. N. Williams, 2d, '16; 2. G. C. Caner '17; 3. J. S. Pfaffman '17; 4. W. Rand, 3d, '17; 5. H. G. M. Kelleher '18; 6. W. D. D. Morgan '18. The order in the doubles will be as follows: 1. Williams and Pfaffman; 2. Caner and Rand; 3. Morgan and Doty. The Amherst team will line up as follows:

The record of last year's contest with Amherst shows a victory for the University in straight sets by the score of 6 matches to 0. The match this afternoon will be Amherst's first this season. The Purple and White team has lost three prominent members of last year's team by graduation last June, one of whom, Fenimore Cady, was twice winner and once runner-up at the N. E. L. T. A. A. Tournament at Longwood.

Tournament Entries Close Tonight.

Not more than a dozen men have signed in the blue-book at Leavitt & Peirce's, for the University championship tennis tournament in singles, which will begin on Jarvis Field, next Monday afternoon. Entries will close this evening at 6 o'clock. An entry fee of 50 cents must be paid by each entrant at the time of signing, when each contestant should also indicate his afternoon classes, in order to facilitate the arrangement of the schedules.