CHANGES IN FRESHMAN BOATS

University Oarsmen to be Divided into Class Crews Today.

The University crews had their first row on the Charles River yesterday afternoon. All crews rowed up-stream to the Brighton Avenue Bridge, but the entire river is now well cleared of ice. No changes were made on the University crews, the order of B remaining as it was placed last Saturday. University A used the new Davy shell for the first time yesterday.

The Freshman crews were shifted somewhat. On the first boat E. S. Brewer came up to 2 and W. Gaston rowed 3, this being the latter's first time on this crew. On the second eight R. Cobb was shifted from 3 to bow and L. Nichols was placed at 3. These two crews looked exceptionally well in their practice yesterday afternoon.

Today all University crews below the first three will be divided up into class crews, and will continue to row in that way the rest of the season. It is felt that this change ought to be made now to obtain the best results in the annual interclass race in May, and each class crew will receive individual attention. Pair-oar work will also begin today, which will be a valuable addition to the practice of the University squad.