RUNNERS WORKED OUT ON TRACK

Total of 120 Candidates Reported to Coaches Yesterday.

More than 90 track candidates reported to Coach Donovan at the first spring practice held on the track. From 25 to 30 field event men reported to Coach Clark. Although the track is still rather soft, this must be expected early in the season.

Pictures of the University and Freshman squads will be taken at the Locker Building this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock, and immediately afterwards, at 3.45 o'clock, there will be a meeting of all candidates in the track room of the Locker Building.

A new system has been instated for recording track attendance. Each candidate should sign his name and class on the sheets posted on the bulletin board in the Locker Building Mondays, and on the following week-days he should register the time at which he leaves practice. It is important that all candidates sign up regularly on these sheets, since excuses from military lectures will be based on them.

Call for More Track Managers.

More candidates for the position of second assistant manager of the University track team are needed. Sophomores desiring to enter this competition should report at the office of the Athletic Association today at 1.30 o'clock. No previous experience is necessary, and as this is the last major sport managerial competition for Sophomores, a large number should come out. Those who are unable to report at 1.30 o'clock may do so at Soldiers Field after 2.30 o'clock.