University to Perform As Host of Conference

A one-week conference for school committee members, superintendents of schools and high school principals will be held at the University from June 25 to July 1 of this year under the auspices of the State Board of Education. The Freshman Dormitories will be opened to provide rooming accommodations for the members of the conference. Meals will be served in the dining-room of Smith Halls.

The conference, which is the most important educational meeting held in Massachusetts during the year, aims to bring together school administrators for the purpose of mutual acquaintance and co-operative effort in improving school management throughout the state. It serves as the great clearing house for Massachusetts educational thought and practice. The school committees thus have an opportunity of hearing the foremost authorities speak on all the phases of school problems, and are able to get a grasp of the correct principles of elementary and secondary educational methods of teaching. The officers of schools in all parts of the state also have unique advantages in becoming acquainted with one another in a social way.