ENLISTING MADE CONVENIENT

MEN MAY SIGN BETWEEN 8 A. M. AND 10 P. M. AT 1280 MASS AVENUE.

Preparedness week and the campaign to enroll students of the University in one of the Military Training Camps or in the Naval Training Cruise begin today. The object of the week's activity will be to enroll 700 men. Graduates of the University are easily leading all other college graduates in the number of those already enrolled, and they expect the undergraduates to lead the rest of the country also.

Every opportunity will be given men to enlist. The Rendezvous, 1280 Massachusetts avenue, headquarters of the Aviation Corps and the Naval Cruise, will be open every day this week except tomorrow from 8 A. M. to 10 P. M. Enlistments will be received here for Plattsburg and other camps and for the

Naval Cruise. At least one of the Preparedness Week Committee will be on hand of the Rendezvous at any hour in the day, and will be glad to give information on camps or cruise to anyone interested. Regimental Headquarters, Weld 3, will also receive camp enlistments as in the past, and members of the Preparedness Week Committee, whose names were in last Thursday's CRIMSON, will be glad to supply enrollment blanks on request.

The committee has arranged for several clock-counters, which will indicate the progress of the campaign. These counters, showing the number of men enrolled, will be placed in the windows at Leavitt & Pierce's and the Rendezvous.

Plattsburgers Will Wear Badges.

Men who have signed up for Plattsburg or any other of the government camps and have not done so through the Regiment, are requested to leave their names at Weld 3 or the Rendezvous, so that the committee may know, just how many students of the University are going. All men who have enrolled for one of the camps or the Naval Cruise are entitled to wear special badges, which they may obtain at either of the committee's headquarters this afternoon. The committee asks all men entitled to these badges to wear them.

Ships Assigned for Cruise.

By a recent order, the battleship Kearsarge has been assigned for the Boston recruits of the Naval Training Cruise and the battleships Maine and Kentucky for those from New York. Battleships will also start from Portland, Me., Newport, R. I., Philadelphia, Pa., Norfolk, Va., and Charlestown, S. C. During the first week ships will cruise individually, and the recruits will be taught the rudiments of sailor-craft. During the second week the various ships will come together and participate in the Atlantic Fleet's War Game. This will offer an unparalleled opportunity of learning the actual battle formations and tactics of the Navy. During the third week the squadron will maneuver along the Atlantic Coast, possibly spending some time at Narragansett Bay, or other central port. For the last week the ships will return to the port of embarkation, where landing parties will be made. Auxiliary motor boats of a fast type will cooperate this last week in port defence maneuvers.

It has been decided that wherever possible all men from one college will be grouped on the same battleship, and in the same division. This makes it possible for men from the University to be assigned together.

At the end of the Cruise the recruit is under no more obligation than before to enlist in time of war; but he will then be asked to signify whether in case of war during the next four years he will volunteer. The signing of such an agreement is in no manner compulsory.

If any emergency arising during the Cruise requires the presence at home of a volunteer, he will be permitted to leave the ship and return