BOSTON COLLEGE ON DIAMOND

GARRITT PROBABLE BOXMAN TO FACE UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS AGGREGATION.

The struggle for collegiate baseball honors will continue this afternoon when the University nine will line up against the Boston College team at 3.30 o'clock on Soldiers Field. Garritt will probably be Coach Mitchell's choice to do the slab work, as he has not twirled a game since the one with Williams last Thursday. Whitney is still unable to take his regular turn in the box because of an injury to his finger which has caused him considerable trouble. Either Gill or Halloran, the two premier tossers of the Boston aggregation, will pitch for the opposing team. These two twirlers have borne the brunt of the box-work for their team this season and have come out fairly well considering the strength of the teams which have opposed them.

The record of the Boston College nine now stands with six victories and eight defeats. This poor showing has not been due entirely to inferior team work or to lack of baseball ability, but chiefly to the extraordinary prowess of the nines which it has faced. They include Catholic University, Georgetown, the Red Sox and Tufts, all heavy-hitting clubs. In addition the team got away to a very poor start and dropped five straight games before it could get fully on its feet. Four out of its last five contests have resulted in victories, one of them being an 18 to 0 shut-out over the Massachusetts Agricultural College.

Mitchell, the third baseman of the visiting team, has been doing the greater part of the slugging for his nine, being well over the .300 mark. Captain Donnelly and Dee are also consistent hitters, Gildea, in centre field, and Regan, at second, are both clever fielders and performed brilliantly all season.

The University line-up will probably not present any changes, with the possible exception that Fripp may replace Knowles at left field. The latter was given a chance against the Tigers last Saturday and played a very good game.