EXAMS FOR OXFORD OCT. 3 AND 4.

Rhodes Foundation Offers Opportunity for Study in England

A scholarship of the value of $1500 per annum, tenable at the University of Oxford, England, for a period of three years, beginning from October, 1917, will be open for competition in the State of Massachusetts this year. Similar scholarships will be awarded for the years 1919, 1920 and 1922.

Competitors must be citizens of the United States, between 19 and 25 years of age, and must, before the date of entry on residence at Oxford, have completed at least their second year at some regular degree-granting American University or college. Candidates having their domicile in the State, and those who have received any large part of their education there are alike eligible.

The qualifying examination will be held on Tuesday, the 3d, and Wednesday, the 5th of October, 1916. A State Committee of Selection chooses the scholar from among those who have passed this examination. Application should be made to the chairman of this committee, President A. Lawrence Lowell, LL.D., Harvard University.

All members of the University are requested to notify the Cambridge Post Office of change of address in order to insure prompt delivery of their mail.