SCRUB SERIES STARTS TODAY

"CHUCK-A-PUCKS" AND "A. P. S." MEET ON RIVER IN FIRST ENCOUNTER.

The annual scrub hockey series will start this afternoon when the first of the games will be played on the Charles River at 3 o'clock. Twelve teams have been organized, one of which is composed of men who signed up individually, and the "Chuck a Pucks" and "A.P.S." team will be the first opponents today. The "Westal Virgins" will meet the "Gentlemen" at 3.45 o'clock following the first game.

The drawings for the scrub hockey series have been made and the schedule is posted in Leavitt and Peirce's. Two games will be played each Monday, Wednesday and Friday, weather permitting, the first game being called at 3 o'clock and the second at 3.45. The Charles river rink will be used. If a team does not report within 20 minutes of the scheduled time it is eliminated from the series. It is the duty of the various managers to see that this does not occur.

Each game in the posted schedule is numbered. Games number one and two will be played this afternoon, and the remaining games will follow in sequence. Notices of the games will be printed in the CRIMSON on the day of the game, or posted in Leavitt and Peirce's. Managers are requested to watch the bulletin board there, as lack of ice may cause the postponement of a game.

The following is a list of the teams entered and their managers: "Chuck a Pucks," F. M. Weld '17; "Trail Hitters," J. R. Busk '18; "Beagles," J. H. P. Howard '19; "Gentlemen," R. S. Emmet '19; "Hard Boiled Eggs," C. W. Timpson '18; "A.P.S.," W. W. Rice '18; "Egg Beaters," A. S. Francis '18; "Can't-Be-Beats," W. E. Fuller '19; "Hard Guys," W. Whitney 1GB; "Westal Virgins," P. Camman '18; "Sunday's Pets," R. P. Hallowell '20; "Independents," H. L. M. Cole 1L. The latter team is composed of men who signed up unattached. It includes E. Tougas 2L, A. S. Anderson '17, L. B. Cooper 1L, P. Smart 3L, W. T. Snow '18, H. W. Gleason '17, A. W. McDonald '20, S. Pierce '19 and any others who report to Randolph 36 today.