GAME IN STADIUM SATURDAY

FRESHMAN ELEVEN WILL OPPOSE ANDOVER IN SECOND GAME.

The first football game this year in the Stadium is scheduled for Saturday, between the informal University team and an eleven from Bumkin Island. This team has many fast players including Cawley, a former Colby star, and in its first game was beaten by Exeter by the close score of 7 to 0. An admission of 25 cents will be charged.

On October 27 the informals will play at Ayer the Depot Brigade team of Camp Devens, Captain C. A. Coolidge '17 has been coaching this team, and has a limitless supply of material from which to select his eleven. There is also a possibility that the Newport Naval Reserves, led by C. R. Black, the Yale 1916 captain, will be played in the Stadium November 10.

The status of W. B. Snow '18, F. C. Church '20, and R. G. Stone '20, who are leaving the University to enter the Cadet School for Ensigns, in respect to the informal team has not been definitely settled. While it is doubtful if they will be able to continue playing, still the fact that only army and navy teams are to be played, and therefore, no especial eligibility rules need be followed may leave a loophole that will allow them to stay with the team. These three were not at the field yesterday. Feeling that they would not be permitted to play, Coach Rollins said, "It is a hard loss, but it does not cripple the team; we have plenty of men to take their places."

Practice for the day consisted in a long signal drill. P. Zach '19 was not in uniform because of a wrench received in Saturday's game. Late in the week, however, he will be able to resume his position.

Snappy signal drill for the 1921 squad was the program yesterday. The usual rest given the team after a game prevented any attempt at hard work. Because of the mediocre showing against the Radio School an especially strenuous week with several scrimmages is planned that better teamwork may be shown against Andover this Saturday. C. Stillman, a guard, whose bad shoulder has kept him from the game, was able to run through signals for the first time. G. Henderson, a lineman weighing 241 pounds, joined the squad yesterday