DR. MOTT IS PROMINENT FIGURE

HAS STUDIED THE EUROPEAN WAR SITUATION FROM EVERY ANGLE.

When the Hon. John R. Mott, LL. D., addresses the University in the New Lecture Hall tomorrow evening at 6.45 o'clock, his audience will have an opportunity seldom gained of hearing the one man who knows the European war situation form every angle. Dr. Mott is recognized everywhere as an expert on international affairs in addition to his reputation for leadership in Y. M. C. A. and student welfare work.

While occupied in various lines of missionary activity, he has made four trips around the world as well as many more shorter travels. During his stay in each country visited, he has been able through his position of trust to gain an inside view of the national affairs, and political and popular feelings of each nation. In recognition of his services in missionary and international enterprises, the University of Edinburgh conferred upon him the degree of LL. D. in June 1910.

Since the beginning of the war especially, Dr. Mott has turned his attention to the international situation in Europe, and has been able by his visits to all the belligerent countries except Turkey to get in touch with the leading figures of both the Allies and the Central Powers.

A realization of Dr. Mott's place in world affairs was expressed at a luncheon held in his honor in London by James Bryce, former British Ambassador to the United States. He spoke of Dr. Mott "as one of the few persons who are prophets in their own country, and whose name throughout the world, Eastern as well as Western, opens the heart and commands the confidence of Christian workers and students as no other name does."

The University audience tomorrow evening will be the only college gathering in the country to be addressed by Dr. Mott. Admission will be by ticket only, the tickets being obtainable at Phillips Brooks House today and tomorrow.